CUPE 411 members are trained professionals, that take pride in their work and are aware of all the proper protocols and procedures for their specific duties.
Neither students, teachers, parents or volunteers should be performing CUPE 411 work. When we know this is happening in our school district, it is important that your union be made aware so that your elected representatives can address this with the employer.
If you have seen, have concerns, or would simply like to discuss this further we welcome the opportunity to speak with you, please click the link below or call the Union office at 604-392-1411.
Examples of others doing CUPE 411 work include, but are not limited to:
- Calling home for absent or late students
- Answering SD #33 telephones or assisting the public in the site office
- Painting classrooms
- Installing shelving
- Driving SD #33 fleet
- Performing repairs or maintenance on school district vehicles or equipment
- Working one-on-one or in small groups with students, to reinforce classroom or teacher instruction
- Performing cleaning duties such as mopping, cleaning, vacuuming and sanitizing.
Sometimes it may seem there are grey areas between what is Teacher work and what is CUPE work. When in doubt, ASK! Your elected union reps will be able to determine if CUPE 411 work has been done by a non-CUPE member.
It’s your union! Thank you!