As per Section 12 of the CUPE Local 411 By-Laws, we are holding a by-election for 1st Vice-President at our Regular General Meeting on Saturday January 20th, 2018.
Duties of the 1st Vice-President
- Regularly attend meetings of the Executive, Table Officers and general membership.
- Act as a signing authority for the local’s accounts
- Attend HR and Labour Management Meetings
- Act as a NAS Administrator
- Act as a Labourware Administrator
- Maintain current membership lists
- Act as Chair of the Retirement Committee
- Sit on the Grievance Committee
- Oversee all local and joint committees
- Maintain a current list of all committees and committee representatives
- Ensure all documents, notes, files and other information related to committee work is uploaded to the CUPE 411 NAS on a monthly basis
- Issue a Request for Intent to Serve on CUPE 411 Committees each March
- Preside over Committee Rep elections if required
- Actively recruit representatives for committee seats that are vacant
- Ensure Committee Representatives are performing their duties as required
- Ensure all Executive Board members and Committee Reps have signed and submitted a signed Acceptable Use Agreement or Accountability & Confidentiality Agreement by June 30th of each year
- Ensure all Executive and Committee reports are received monthly/bi-monthly as required
- Perform the duties of the President in the absence of that officer
- In the case of the resignation, termination or death of the President, perform the duties of the President until such position is filled at the next Annual Election.
- Make a written report to each executive and regular membership meeting
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the President and/or Executive Board.
The 1st Vice President works closely with the President, 2nd Vice President, Treasurer, Recording Secretary and Chief Shop Steward. The 1st Vice President is a CUPE 411 Table Officer.
How to Run for 1st Vice President
Nominations for 1st Vice President shall be declared vial email (see link below) and at the Jan 20th, 2018 Regular Meeting.
In order to provide all candidates with fair access to all CUPE 411 members, CUPE 411 will distribute for each candidate, once only and at the same time, a one page poster to all members by:
- personal email
- interschool mail (1 flyer per candidate per site – to be posted on the CUPE 411 bulletin board)
- CUPE 411 website
- CUPE 411 Facebook page
All campaign flyers must be submitted to the CUPE 411 office by Jan 8th, 2018. Campaign flyers may not include the CUPE 411 logo as we do not endorse any particular candidate. Candidates, including incumbents, may not use CUPE 411 membership resources (ie: mailing or phone lists) or school district email to campaign on their own behalf.
Candidates are free to campaign through their own personal social media (ie: Facebook, Twitter, Webpage), provided members have subscribed to the candidate’s social media accounts of their own accord.
Declare your intent to run for 1st Vice President HERE!